Air Conditioner Hit Rock Bottom? Use These Replacement Questions
Air-conditioning is crucial for comfort during the summers in Englewood and the surrounding areas, where temperatures may reach over 90 degrees Fahrenheit. The strain on HVAC systems can be enormous, and breakdowns, remodeling, or lifestyle changes can lead to the necessity of air-conditioner replacement.
Here at Symbiont Service Corp., we offer you reliable tips on finding the most affordable energy-saving solution for you, based on both our experience and research from the US Department of Energy.
What size should your new air-conditioning system be?
Most properties in Florida have undergone remodeling since their original air-conditioning systems were installed, improving the building’s passive cooling abilities through new insulation, windows, and trees. This means that, by now, your original system is now probably over-sized, which is not a good thing: oversized A/C units can lead to problems with mold, clamminess, breakdowns, and frequent repair expenses. A contractor should provide a new size assessment with detailed calculations that include the compass orientation, electrical appliances, and passive cooling needs of the entire building.
How should I choose a contractor?
Choosing a contractor is an important decision and should be based on both price and quality. We recommend checking with the Better Business Bureau, but here are some additional questions to ask the contractors directly:
- What experience have you had with the humid, subtropical climate of Florida? Can you provide references?
- Are you familiar with the Air Conditioning Contractors of America’s manual standards?
- Can you provide licensing and insurance information?
- What programs or worksheets will you use to calculate the right size of air-conditioner replacement system?
- Will you provide a detailed, itemized contract including estimated start and finish dates, the initial cooling load assessment, and the final results?
- Can you provide an itemized warranty?
- Can I hold the final payment installment until I’m satisfied with my new system?
A trustworthy contractor will provide you with positive, professional answers, and a detailed, hard-copy bid. At Symbiont Service Corp., we would be happy to offer these services, or answer any further questions. Contact us for more information.
Our goal is to help educate our customers about energy and home comfort issues (specific to HVAC systems). For more information, click here to download our free Home Comfort Resource guide.
Symbiont Service Corp. serves Englewood, Florida and the surrounding areas. To get started, check out our website.