Planning A Last-Minute Getaway This Summer? Program Your Thermostat Before You Leave
If you’re planning a last-minute getaway before summer ends, don’t forget to deal with your thermostat. If your home is going to be empty while you are away, you don’t need to maintain your regular temperature settings. Adjusting your thermostat settings can reduce your energy consumption and save you money while you’re having fun in the sun.
If you don’t have a programmable thermostat, your house is well-insulated, and it will be empty while you’re away:
- Cool the temperature to 75 degrees for a few hours before you leave. This will reduce humidity. Turn the thermostat off until you return home.
If your home is not efficiently insulated, (there are leaks allowing air to pass from inside to outside), you have pets, and/or someone will be coming into your house occasionally while you’re away:
- Set your programmable controller to an upper limit of around 85 degrees during the daytime hours.
- Lower the temperature to around 75 degrees for two or three hours during the early morning.
If you don’t already have a programmable thermostat, consider having one installed before you leave for your vacation. The average cost per unit is around $120, which is well worth the savings you will make on your energy consumption throughout the year. A programmable controller will give you a number of advantages, including:
- complete control over your indoor comfort
- ability to set dates and on and off times in advance
- the freedom to store up to six pre-set temperatures per day
- the option to override the settings manually at any time, without deleting the pre-sets
- the ability to save money on your energy bills while you are on vacation, at work or sleeping, resulting in generous savings
- the satisfaction of reducing the emission of greenhouse gasses and other environmental pollutants
Symbiont Service Corp. offers professional residential and commercial heating and air conditioning sales, maintenance and service throughout the state of Florida. Our expert team is dedicated to providing exceptional customer care for all of your indoor comfort needs. Contact ustoday for information on programmable thermostats and to schedule an appointment for any of your HVAC needs.
Our goal is to help educate our customers about energy and home comfort issues (specific to HVAC systems). For more information about thermostats and other HVAC topics, download our free Home Comfort Resource guide.
Symbiont Service Corp. serves Englewood, Florida and the surrounding areas. Visit our website to see our special offers and get started today!