Troubleshoot Common Air Conditioning Problems Before You Call In The Pros
Under the relentless Florida sunshine, many homeowners eventually notice performance issues with their air conditioning systems. Some of these problems may be due to system malfunction, some due to normal wear and tear and others are the result of simple operational mistakes. With that in mind, here are a few troubleshooting ideas for common air conditioning problems.
Your Air Conditioner Isn’t Cooling
While there are a number of reasons why your system could stop providing cool air, there are three common occurrences to look for:
- Tripped circuit breaker: If you’ve tripped a circuit breaker, simply reset the breaker to restore power to your system. If this becomes a common occurrence, seek professional assistance; you could have an electrical issue.
- Improper thermostat settings: Whether you’ve set your temperature higher than you intended or have simply forgotten to turn the cooling system on, you can often find a quick fix by double-checking your thermostat settings.
- A malfunctioning outdoor unit: If your system is running but your air is hot, a malfunctioning outdoor unit is likely to blame. Contact a trained technician as soon as possible.
Your System Is Running, But Airflow Seems Restricted
Restricted airflow not only affects household comfort, it can lead to costly system damage if unaddressed. Common airflow issues include:
- Dirty filters: If you’ve been neglecting routine filter changes, a clogged filter could be putting unnecessary strain on your system.
- Frozen system: As dirt builds up on neglected coils, heat exchange is affected. This may lead to unwanted condensation and a frostbitten system.
Your Energy Costs Have Risen Unexpectedly
If you’re experiencing spiking energy costs, the first thing to consider is the weather. The more extreme the temperatures, the harder your system has to work to achieve desired cooling results. Another possible concern is improper cycling. Often, this is the result of improper sizing. If your system is too small, it can’t handle the cooling load. If it’s too large, it may cut off too early. Either way, you waste energy.
For expert consultation regarding all your air conditioning issues, contact the experts at Symbiont Service Corp.today.
Our goal is to help educate our customers about energy and home comfort issues (specific to HVAC systems). For more information about air conditioning and other HVAC topics, download our free Home Comfort Resource guide.
Symbiont Service Corp. serves Englewood, Florida and the surrounding areas. Visit our website to see our special offers and get started today!