Air Conditioner Maintenance: Routine Maintenance Will Ensure Performance
Residents of the Florida Suncoast know just home important their air conditioner is — especially as the temperatures begin to rise. Unfortunately, without proper air conditioner maintenance your unit can use more energy than needed, decrease your indoor air quality and malfunction. Don’t ignore an expensive and vital part of your heating and cooling system. Instead, take action with preventive air conditioner maintenance.
- Lower energy costs: An air conditioner that is not properly maintained uses more energy than necessary to perform its duties.
- Prolong the life of the air conditioner: When the unit is not serviced regularly, it causes the air conditioner to work hard, which puts added and unnecessary stress on the air conditioner. This will wear out the air conditioner sooner.
- Lower the chance of expensive repairs: A properly maintained unit generally experiences less breakdowns and problems than a unit that is not regularly serviced.
- Many potential issues can be found during a routine maintenance visit which may keep them from becoming a large issue later.
There is no replacement for air conditioner maintenance performed by a professional HVAC technician. However, there are steps you can take to ensure your unit is running properly throughout the year.
- Replace the filter as needed, generally once a month.
- Examine the outdoor condenser unit and remove debris such as grass clippings and leaves from the top and sides of the unit.
- Keep the airflow to the condenser coil unobstructed by cutting back vegetation — such as shrubs. A clearance of at least two feet on all sides of the air conditioner will provide adequate airflow.
Remember, these steps should be used in conjunction with at least yearly air conditioner maintenance performed by a qualified HVAC company. During the annual servicing, the technician will examine your entire system and perform multiply tests to ensure your unit is function properly. A few of these routine tasks are:
- Check refrigerant levels and air filters, replacing as needed.
- Inspect condensation lines and drain pans.
- Examine electrical and wiring connections.
- Inspect fan motor, blades and blower assembly.
For more information about air conditioner maintenance, contact Symbiont Service Corp. We provide heating and air conditioning services as well as heating and cooling for pools and spas to the Florida Suncoast area.
Our goal is to help educate our customers about energy and home comfort issues (specific to HVAC systems). For more information about air conditioner maintenance and other HVAC topics, download our free Home Comfort Resource guide.
Symbiont Service Corp. serves Englewood, Florida and the surrounding areas. Visit our website to see our special offers and get started today!
Stay In The Loop
Don't miss out! Like us on Facebook or subscribe to our RSS Feed on Feed Burner and get our latest posts.