Schedule Your Annual Heat Pump Tuneup Now, And Rest Easy All Summer
Because your home’s heat pump is one of your biggest investments, it’s important to keep it maintained and running at peak efficiency with an annual tuneup. During an annual heat pump tuneup, small issues can be caught and addressed before they become major problems.
When you schedule an annual heat pump tuneup, the HVAC technician will:
- Inspect the indoor air handler for dirt or debris buildup. Dirt and debris on the evaporator coil is a leading cause of loss of efficiency.
- Inspect the belt and blower motor. The belt will be adjusted if needed, and all motor and pulley bearings will be lubricated.
- Inspect and clean the outdoor condenser unit. Unless the outside unit is clean, you are simply wasting energy while your system struggles to operate properly.
- Check the system for proper refrigerant levels and pressure, as well as any coolant leaks.
- Inspect all electrical components for corrosion and proper operation. Any corrosion will be cleaned and all terminal wires will be tightened as needed.
- Check the thermostat and ensure it is operating properly. If it has batteries, they will be checked/replaced.
- Check air ducts for leakage and verify proper airflow throughout the entire system. Leaks are a leading cause of indoor air pollution and loss of efficiency.
If it’s time to schedule an annual heat pump tuneup, please contact us at Symbiont Service Corp. We’ve been serving the Englewood area since the early 1980s.
Our goal is to help educate our customers about energy and home comfort issues (specific to HVAC systems). For more information about heat pump tuneups and other HVAC topics, download our free Home Comfort Resource guide.
Image via Shutterstock.com