Compare The Power Of Geothermal Pool Heating And Air Conditioning To Its Competitors
For efficiency and cost savings, water-source geothermal pool heating and air conditioning offers many benefits when compared with other energy sources used for those tasks. Individual homeowners, apartment and condominium complexes, aquatic recreation areas and public institutions require a steady source of pool heating. Geothermal energy provides this constant source of heat at an economical price.
As a source of pool heating, geothermal energy provides excellent benefits.
- Performance: Easily maintains year-round pool temperatures at 85 degrees.
- Operational costs: Cuts energy consumption by 25 to 75 percent over other types of heating systems.
- Reliability: Geothermal systems have fewer mechanical components that can break down and can be installed inside for protection from damage from sun, wind and other sources.
- Environmental benefits: Geothermal systems are very green since they don’t consume any fossil fuels and do not produce any greenhouse gases or other emissions.
- Durability: Systems typically last 20 years or more in both coastal and inland environments.
- Cooling availability: Geothermal systems can also be used for home cooling and air conditioning.
Traditional pool heating systems such as gas, solar and air-source heat pumps cannot match the high level of performance, economy and durability of geothermal systems. For example:
- Gas systems provide excellent heating, but are not environmentally friendly and can be expensive based on local gas costs. They also have many system components that can break down, reducing reliability. Gas heating systems typically last two to six years on the coast and four to eight years inland.
- Compared to geothermal, air-source heat pumps offer mid-range performance in important functional areas. They typically last three to four years in coastal areas and six to eight years inland. Air-source heat pumps also provide cooling functions.
- Solar energy systems are highly green, but they are not practical for year-round pool heating. Other performance factors are only mid-range.
Symbiont Service Corp. is a trusted source of geothermal pool heating and air conditioning services and equipment for customers throughout Florida’s Suncoast. Contact us today for more information about the many benefits of water-based geothermal heating and cooling, for an estimate on a system, or to schedule an installation.
Our goal is to help educate our customers in Englewood, Florida and surrounding areas about energy and home comfort issues (specific to HVAC systems). For more information about Geothermal and other HVAC topics, download our free Home Comfort Resource guide.
Image courtesy of Shutterstock