Geothermal Air Conditioning: Top 10 Reasons Why Homeowners Should Choose It
In high-temperature locations such as Florida’s Suncoast, home cooling can account for almost 60 percent of an average monthly utility bill. For homeowners looking for an alternative, geothermal air conditioning provides a reliable, efficient and economical source of home comfort.
Geothermal air conditioning systems absorb heat from inside your home and release it in the ground or in the lake, well or aquifer that otherwise serves as the geothermal heat source.
Here are 10 significant reasons why geothermal cooling is a better choice for Florida homeowners than traditional air-to-air heat pump systems.
- Highly energy efficient: Makes the best use of available energy to provide cooling and generates energy that can be used for water heating even as it cools your home.
- Outstanding comfort levels: Provides consistently high levels of cooling no matter the outdoor temperature.
- Tax breaks and financial incentives: The U.S. government offers tax credits for geothermal systems that are available through 2016. Local utility companies may also offer financial incentives for switching to geothermal energy.
- Quiet operation: Geothermal systems run quietly, generating about the same amount of noise as a refrigerator.
- Improved safety: Geothermal air conditioning produces no harmful emissions because it doesn’t burn fossil fuels. The dangers of carbon monoxide and accidental fires are eliminated.
- Longer useful life: Geothermal equipment is not exposed to the weather and has fewer parts than can malfunction, which means geothermal systems last longer than other HVAC equipment.
- Fewer replacements needed: The need for frequent equipment replacement is eliminated, which is especially important in salty coastal environments where equipment life expectancy is lower.
- Improved property aesthetics: There is no outdoor unit in your yard when using geothermal energy, so your property looks better and is easier to maintain.
- Reduced theft and vandalism: Geothermal components are inaccessible to individuals who would steal copper or refrigerant from them.
- Lower lifetime costs: An investment in geothermal can pay for itself over a shorter period of time through monthly utility cost savings alone.
Symbiont Service Corp. provides geothermal air conditioning sales, service and installation for customers throughout the Florida Suncoast. Contact us today for answers to your questions about the many benefits of switching to geothermal air conditioning.
Our goal is to help educate our customers in Englewood, Florida and surrounding areas about energy and home comfort issues (specific to HVAC systems). For more information about Geothermal air conditioning and other HVAC topics, download our free Home Comfort Resource guide.
Image courtesy of Shutterstock