Why Reputable Companies Rely On NATE-Certified Technicians
If you’ve never heard of it, you may wondering what the big deal is about using a NATE-certified technician.
NATE-certified technicians receive the stamp of approval by the North American Technician Excellence (NATE), a nonprofit organization supported across the HVAC industry and developed by manufacturers, utility companies and contractors with the goal of finding a way to set apart the best HVAC technicians from the rest.
Reputable companies depend on using NATE-certified technicians because they know that the NATE badge holds value.
- To become certified through NATE, technicians must pass a test on the basic, day-to-day scenarios they encounter in the field.
- Technicians must choose a specialty area from air conditioning and air distribution to furnaces, hydronics and geothermal. Technicians opt to become certified in installation and/or service, so when your HVAC system requires maintenance, you can choose a technician with those areas of specialty. And HVAC companies know how valuable it is to have a technician who can meet consumer demands and get the job done right the first time. With NATE on the scene, customer satisfaction grows incrementally — a valuable commodity for both the contractor and the customers.
- NATE-certified technicians must recertify every five years, with continuing education hours required to maintain this coveted status.
It’s no surprise to learn why contractors support NATE and encourage their technicians to seek out the certification. With the power of NATE testing on their side, contractors benefit from using:
- Technicians invested in and committed to the HVAC industry
- Technicians that know how to do the job, and do it right
- A single, congruent testing standard
But contractors — and customers — are not the only ones to benefit. Manufacturers appreciate fewer warranty returns when high-quality work is performed, and utility companies benefit from high-efficiency systems that consume less energy.
Symbiont Service Corp. is proud to rely on our NATE-certified technicians, because frankly, they’re the best of the best. Contact us for your next service or repair appointment. We’ve assisted Florida homeowners, condominium associations, aquatic parks, schools and businesses with all of their geothermal needs and HVAC system installations systems since the 1980s.
Our goal is to help educate our customers in Englewood, Florida and surrounding areas about energy and home comfort issues (specific to HVAC systems). For more information about NATE-certified technicians and other HVAC topics, download our free Home Comfort Resource guide.
Image courtesy of Shutterstock