Choosing An HVAC Contractor For Installation? Use This Handy Checklist Of Tasks
If you’ve ever had a bad experience with a service company, you know how hard choosing an HVAC contractor for installation can be. Even if you use websites that rate the technicians and companies, you can never be 100 percent sure the reviews and ratings you’re reading are genuine and honest.
You need to know how to vet all potential contractors so that you can make a well-informed decision. The following checklist will help you do exactly that when it comes to choosing an HVAC contractor for installation:
- Energy Star equipment – Energy Star sets the HVAC industry standards for product efficiency and performance. You want a contractor with high standards for the products they use and the service they provide.
- Whole-home approach – You want someone who is concerned about your long-term comfort and savings. They should measure your heating and cooling load, provide feedback about air leaks and suggest equipment that’s best for your specific needs. This includes checking your ductwork, thermostat and filters to ensure the entire system is compatible with your new equipment.
- New refrigerant lines – If you want your equipment to perform as well and efficiently as advertised, the refrigerant charge has to match manufacturer specifications. High-quality contractors will install new lines to make sure there’s no damage or leak and that the pressure is where it should be.
- Zoning – Many homes can have multiple temperature zones and could greatly benefit from installing more than one thermostat. Your contractor should be able to give you a recommendation about zoning once they’ve assessed your home.
- Verification – It’s extremely important that you get all of these promises in writing. In fact, the contractor should offer to guarantee their work in writing without you needing to ask. Many quality companies also offer third-party verification after a large installation project so you can rest assured that the job was done well.
If you want a technician who will meet all these criterion and more, contact Symbiont Service Corp. One look at our track record of three decades providing expert service to the Suncoast and you’ll know that choosing an HVAC contractor for installation has never been easier.
Our goal is to help educate our customers in Englewood, Florida and surrounding areas about energy and home comfort issues (specific to HVAC systems). For more information about choosing an HVAC contractor and other HVAC topics, download our free Home Comfort Resource guide.
Image courtesy of Shutterstock