Pool Filtration Systems
Enjoy a sparkling clear pool with efficient, effective pool filtration.
You pool’s filtration system is the key to helping your water stay clear and free of debris in between visits from your pool maintenance person. The size of filter you need is determined by how much debris gets into the pool. Additionally, the larger the pump, the larger the filter should be.
Types of Pool Filtration Systems – Which is Right for You?
When choosing what filtration system is right for you, there are a variety of types to consider. At Symbiont Service, we typically recommend cartridge filters because of the lower cost of installation and ease of cleaning. But we want to help you understand the pros and cons of the three main types of pool filters so you can make an informed decision.
There are three main types of pool filters:
1. Sand Filters:
- Easy to clean (No pulling cartridge out to clean).
- Not necessary to add filter media.
- Not a lot of maintenance to upkeep.
- Medium cost of installation.
- Only filters down to 20 to 30 microns.
- If not cleaned properly, it can start to channel (poor filtering of pool water).
- When backwashing, the filter will lose 100 to 200 gallons of pool water.
- Difficult to replace sand (but you only need to do this every 5 to 10 years).
2. D.E. (Diatomaceous Earth) Filters:
- Filters down to 3 to 5 Microns.
- Polishes water (clearer water).
- Need to replace D.E. when you backwash filter
- Most difficult filter to clean. (Need to disassemble filter 1 to 2 times a year for thorough cleaning.)
- Use 100 to 200 gallons of pool water when backwashing.
- Highest cost of installation/SqFt.
3. Cartridge Filters (Recommended):
- Easy to clean (simply hose cartridge off).
- Easy to install.
- Fits in smaller spaces.
- Do not need to add additional filter media.
- Lowest cost of installation.
- Filters down to 10 to 20 microns (for perspective, the average grain of beach sand is 1,000 microns!).
- Need to replace cartridge every 1 to 3 years (Cost approximately $50 to $200)
- Can get messy whey hosing off cartridge.
- Algae can foul cartridge and necessitate replacement.
We recommend Pentair Clean & Clear RP Cartridge Filters.
The Clean & Clear RP filter gives you everything you could ask for in a filter. This design is nearly 50% more efficient than most single cartridge filter on the market. At the same time, it delivers top-of-the-line cartridge performance to keep your pool sparkling clear. Plus, cleaning is a breeze—its quick-connect ring makes maintenance a cinch—just open the top, remove the cartridge, hose it off and the Clean & Clear RP filter is ready to go again.
- Unmatched hydraulic efficiency—nearly 50% more energy efficient than other single cartridge filters.
- Quick-connect union with diamond seal assures easy installation and servicing.
- Single-piece base and tank are constructed of fiberglass reinforced polypropylene for strength and chemical resistance.
- High FlowTM Manual Air Relief Valve and continuous internal air relief work together to maintain optimum filtration efficiency.
- Cartridge is easier to remove and rinse for near effortless cleaning.
Get a Free Quote on a Pool Filtration System
Call Now: 941.474.9306 OR 800.881.4328 (Toll Free)
Trust All Your Pool Equipment Needs to Symbiont
We offer a comprehensive line of cost-effective, energy efficient pool and spa heaters, pool automation systems, salt systems, variable speed pool pumps and more at competitive prices. Our tagline, “One Company, One Call, Complete Comfort!”, means that you can count on us to take care of all your pool equipment needs — from consultation, to installation, to service and maintenance. One call to Symbiont Service Corp, and you can start enjoying the benefits of pool ownership without the stress.
Located in Englewood, we sell, install and service Pool Automation Systems in Manatee, Sarasota, Charlotte, and Lee counties. This includes the following communities:
- Cape Coral
- Captiva Island
- Fort Myers
- Fort Myers Beach
- Grove City
- North Port
- Port Charlotte
- Punta Gorda
- Rotonda West
- South Gulf Cove
- St. Petersburg