Salt Chlorine Generator Systems
Convert your pool to a saltwater pool for softer, healthier, more luxurious water without high levels of chlorine.
How would you like to simply enjoy your pool without having to fight with chlorine levels every week? Your pool should be a bottomless source of joy, safety, and trust. That’s why you want to convert your pool to saltwater by installing a Salt Chlorine Generator System. These systems create healthier water without resulting in dry skin or an unpleasant chlorine odor. Our Salt Chlorine Generators produce a small amount of chlorine every day so the chlorine residual in your pool remains constant and doesn’t fluctuate like it would if you treat it with other forms of chlorine. These systems can also test the water and automatically adjust the chemistry so that it is always just right.
Here are some of the benefits a saltwater pool with a Salt Chlorine Generator:
- No need to lug chlorine around and spill it on your clothes or car.
- No need to store a dangerous chemical at your house.
- Uses ordinary table salt.
- Softens your pool water with the addition of salt.
- Prevents irritating odor.
- No more bleached out bathing suits.
- Easier on your eyes and skin.
- Can be automated.
- Keeps pool free from bacteria and other contaminants.
- Prevents a green pool by maintaining consistent chlorine residual.
- Can treat any size pool, including both inground and above ground pools.
Video: Pulling Back the Curtain on Salt Systems
Watch this video to learn more about how a Salt Chlorine Generator works.
Saltwater Pool FAQ
- Does a saltwater pool taste as salty as ocean water?
- Not by a long shot. In fact, you probably won’t even notice a salty taste. We typically raise the pool’s salinity to between 3,000 – 4,000 PPM. Women have a better sense of taste than men and can taste salt at around 3,800 PPM. For men, the threshold is over 4,000. So, unless the salt reading is on the high side you will not be able to taste it. By the way, the Atlantic Ocean’s salinity is approximately 35,000 PPM.
- Does the salt system improve the health of my pool water?
Yes, by installing a salt chlorine generator you improve the health of your pool water and create a more pleasant swimming experience. A salt system results in soft water that is gentler on the eyes, skin, and hair. Also, unlike liquid chlorine, it does not smell. This is because when the system produces chlorine from salt, it breaks apart chloramines (bad chlorine). Chloramines are what you smell when you enter an indoor pool area. The chlorine produced is also considered pH neutral (7.8 pH salt system, 13.0 pH liquid chrlorine, 3.0 pH Tri-chlor tablets).
Plus, since the salt system produces a small amount of chlorine every day, your pool’s chlorine residual stays consistent, preventing a green pool.
- Is a Salt Chlorine Generator all I need to convert my pool to a saltwater pool?
- You need three items to convert your pool. The Cell which is sized to your pool use and volume, the power supply which regulates the amount of chlorine being produced, and the salt. That’s it! When we install a salt system it is a turnkey installation. This means we include everything needed to get the salt generator up and running (Salt, Power Supply, Cell, all electrical).
- Are salt systems for above ground pools as well as inground pools?
- Yes, we install Salt Chlorine Generator systems both inground and above ground pools. We take care to ensure that the cell is sized properly.
- Do I need to be concerned about the salt damaging my other pool equipment?
- Because the salinity is considered moderate to low, it does not significantly increase the corrosion effects of the salt water. Proper water balance has a greater impact on protecting pool equipment.
- What kind of salt does the system use, how much does it require, and where can I buy it?
- We recommend food grade salt. If you use an inexpensive salt, it will typically have more impurities which will stain the surface of your pool. If you go to any local pool store, they will have the correct type of salt to add to your pool. The amount of salt depends on the size of your pool: for example, if you have a 15,000-gallon pool with zero reading for salinity it would require 375 lbs. of salt. Once the salinity has been raised you would just need to add one or two bags (per month, during the rainy season) to maintain the salinity. We recommend you test your salinity at least once a month and adjust accordingly.
- What are the costs involved with maintaining a saltwater pool?
- Routine maintenance costs for a salt system are generally low. In fact, it costs about $700 less per year to maintain a saltwater pool than a chlorine pool. However, you must replace the salt cell every three to five years (approximately $700 to $1,200 to replace cell). The real advantages of installing a salt system are the convenience of never handling liquid chlorine again, as well as the healthier water. Also, with the cost of liquid chlorine beginning to rise, it may soon be more cost effective to install a Salt Chlorine Generator.
We Install and Service Pentair iChlor, Pentair Intellichlor, and AquaCal Autopilot Pool Pilot Nano and Nano+ Salt Chlorine Generators
Which Salt Chlorine Generator is Right for Your Pool?
The pool experts at Symbiont Service are here to help you choose the right salt chlorine generator based on your needs. We recommend starting with a free pool equipment consultation. Our friendly, experienced and knowledgeable team members will answer your questions, evaluate your existing pool equipment and consult you on your best option.
Lease and Rental Programs Available
Let us help make adding a salt chlorine generator to your pool more affordable. We offer pool equipment leasing and rental programs through AquaCal exclusively for commercial properties.
Residential customers, ask about our convenient financing options, available to you through Synchrony Bank!
Call Symbiont Service Today to Learn More:
Trust All Your Pool Equipment Needs to Symbiont
We offer a comprehensive line of cost-effective, energy efficient pool and spa heaters, pool automation systems, salt systems, pool filtration systems and more at competitive prices. Our tagline, “One Company, One Call, Complete Comfort!”, means that you can count on us to take care of all your pool equipment needs — from consultation, to installation, to service and maintenance. One call to Symbiont Service Corp, and you can start enjoying the benefits of pool ownership without the stress.
Get a Free Quote on a Salt Chlorine Generator
Call Now: 941.474.9306 OR 800.881.4328 (Toll Free)
Located in Englewood, we sell, install and service Salt Chlorine Generator Systems in Manatee, Sarasota, Charlotte, and Lee counties. This includes the following communities:
- Cape Coral
- Captiva Island
- Fort Myers
- Fort Myers Beach
- Grove City
- North Port
- Port Charlotte
- Punta Gorda
- Rotonda West
- South Gulf Cove
- St. Petersburg