Maintaining Your Spa: Four Tips To Keep It In Tip-Top Shape
Keeping your spa in good condition is a multistep process that should be performed regularly if you want to keep your unit operating efficiently for as long as possible. Follow these simple steps to make sure your equipment stays in prime condition:
- Make sure your heat pump works by checking the water temperature and comparing it to the thermostat setting.
- Replace or clean filters regularly. When water flow is impeded, you may have a dirty filter.
- Check the chlorine levels and make sure chlorine generators are operational.
- Clear the water of debris, which can spread bacteria or mar the spa’s appearance.
- Clean the walls of your spa with a scrubber and a recommended cleaner to remove unsightly calcium buildup and keep the lining looking new.
- Keep foreign materials out of your spa by placing a cover over it when it’s not in use. This also can help prevent sun damage or fading.
- Empty and refill your spa with fresh water on a regular basis; this can help keep bacteria at bay from the tub and its plumbing. You can purchase bacteria test strips from a pool supplies store.
For more information on spa maintenance, contact the friendly experts at Symbiont Service Corp. today.
Our goal is to help educate our customers about energy and home comfort issues (specific to HVAC systems). For more information about maintaining your spa and other HVAC topics, download our free Home Comfort Resource guide.
Symbiont Service Corp. serves Englewood, Florida and the surrounding areas. Visit our website to see our special offers and get started today!