Is A Heat Pump Right For Your Florida Home?
If you have been told it’s time to upgrade your heating and air conditioning unit you may be wondering, “Is a heat pump right for your Florida home?” The short answer is, it just might be.
When you use a heat pump, along with an electric cooling and heating system the heat pump works against the “natural flow” of air. The heat pump forces the cool to turn into warm air as it makes its way through the heat pump’s heating and cooling components.
The way the heat pump works is:
- A coil of refrigerant is heated until it turns into a vapor
- The vapor is pressurized in the compressor
- The vapor goes through the condenser and cold air is blown over the coil
- The vapor is cooled into a liquid state and the air that has been warmed through this process is pushed through the ductwork of your house
- This process repeats continually to warm the house