Remote Access Possible With Programmable Thermostats
Programmable thermostats keep getting better and better, which is good news for residents of Florida’s Suncoast. Some “smart” models even give you the capability to make changes to your settings when you’re not even home. Remote access allows you to program your thermostat over the Internet, via a wireless connection.
Programmable thermostats with remote access provide a great tool for people whose schedules vary widely from one day to the next. Even if you have general settings for your thermostat, you can change your settings anytime you want by accessing your thermostat remotely:
- If you’re returning from work early, you can change your settings to start cooling your home to a comfortable temperature before you arrive. And if you’ll be late, you can postpone the time when your cooling or heating system will kick in to start cooling or heating your home. That can save more energy, since you’ll be extending the time when your air conditioning or heating kicks in.
- What if you forget to make an adjustment to your settings based on a change in schedule? It’s no problem if you have a programmable thermostat with remote access.
- In addition to changing your temperature settings, you can set timers and alarms, as well as monitor your thermostat’s functions.
You can access your controls from anywhere, as long as you have an Internet connection. Remote access is just one of many advanced features available on smart programmable thermostats:
- Easy-to-use touchscreens.
- Alarms to notify you of issues such as freezing, overheating, malfunctions or power failure.
- On-screen reminders for maintenance such as filter replacement or HVAC service.
An certified HVAC service technician can help you choose a smart programmable thermostat and professional install the unit that best suits your needs.
For more expert advice about programmable thermostats and other home comfort topics, contact us at Symbiont Service Corp. We’ve been serving Florida homeowners for more than 30 years.
Our goal is to help educate our customers about energy and home comfort issues (specific to HVAC systems). For more information about programmable thermostats and other HVAC topics, download our free Home Comfort Resource guide.
|Thermostat image via Shutterstock|