Simple A/C Tasks To Do Today
When will your air conditioner stop working? In the middle of a heatwave and/or on a weekend or a holiday. Never fails, right?! We have 4 simple A/C unit tasks to do today to help assure it’s working property OR if you notice anything out of the ordinary, you can give us a call to have it fixed.
Routine maintenance, performed by the air conditioning professionals from Symbiont Air Conditioning in Englewood, Florida will help assure your air conditioner is going to work when you need it to! You don’t want to have to wait for an appointment when you’re sitting in a hot and humid house.
When your HVAC unit is properly and regularly maintained it will:
- Use less energy
- Cost less money to operate
- Cool your house the way it is supposed to
4 Simple A/C Unit Tasks To Do Today
The tasks we mention here are tasks the homeowner can perform on his or her own. These items will help you in paying attention to the unit and to noticing when something just isn’t working as it should be.
Keep in mind that you don’t need to perform these routine maintenance tasks on your own. Give us a call and schedule a maintenance visit and get on a schedule for routine visits to assure you will be cool when you need to be!
- Check, clean or replace the A/C’s air filter. If your air conditioner uses a reusable filter you can remove it, clean it and replace it. In a best case scenario, you will have an extra filter that you can immediately replace while you’re cleaning the current one and giving it time to dry. Checking the air filter should be done monthly, especially during summer. Write it on your calendar so you don’t forget to perform this task.
- Check the thermostat. You want to make note of whether it’s working properly and keeping the home at the temperature you’ve chosen. If you still have an older thermostat, talk with us about upgrading to a programmable thermostat. These are more energy efficient, easier to monitor the exact temperature and allow you to turn the air up, down, or off based on your family’s needs.
- Clean around the unit. Whether you have window air conditioning units or a whole house A/C unit, you will want to clean away any dirt, debris, grass clippings and other detritus from around the air conditioner. When the air flow is blocked the unit will work harder to keep up with the cooling. Gently clean away debris.
- Turn off the air conditioner and the power flowing to it and check the condenser fan. The fan, is mounted on the top of the unit and should be easily visible. You’re looking for the fan blades to be intact and that the fan blades are not covered in dirt and debris.
If you’re not certain the unit is working properly, or if you simply want to put your mind at ease, give our professionals a call and let’s set up an air conditioning unit maintenance visit.
We educate our customers about energy and home comfort issues (specific to HVAC systems). For information about home ventilation and other HVAC topics, download our free Home Comfort Resource guide.