Protecting You and Our Employees from COVID-19: Face Mask Policy
Last Updated: 8/23/21
From day one of the pandemic, our priority has been to protect our customers and employees, while continuing to safely provide GeoThermal and traditional air conditioning and pool heating services. Although we have adapted our policies to fit changing official guidelines, our commitment to promoting health and safety has not changed.
As you know, COVID-19 infections are at an all-time high here in Florida. Above anything else, we care about our employees, customers and the other individuals we come in contact with. We also respect each team member and their opinions. But due to the current COVID-19 situation, we feel the need to take action.
So, we have asked all team members to please get their vaccination to help protect themselves, their families and those around them. We also understand if some employees choose not to be vaccinated.
We are directing our staff and leadership to adhere to the following policies for their safety and that of our customers and contacts:
Fully vaccinated team members:
- do not need to wear a face mask outdoors.
- do not need to wear a face mask at Symbiont’s offices or warehouse.
- Are required to ask if a customer would like them to wear a face mask, when interacting with the customer at the office or in their home.
- Are required to ask a known supplier about their face mask policy. If the supplier does not require face masks, the Symbiont employee may decide whether to wear a face mask.
- Are required to still wear a face mask when at a store (i.e. Home Depot) or inside a restaurant and wearing a Symbiont uniform.
Team members who are not fully vaccinated:
- do not need to wear a mask outdoors.
- are required to wear a face mask at our offices or warehouse.
- are required to wear a face mask when interacting with a customer – at the office or in their home.
- are still required to wear a face mask when at a store (i.e. Home Depot) or inside a restaurant and wearing a Symbiont uniform.
There are many opinions regarding face masks and vaccination. As we believe that to vaccinate or not to vaccinate is a personal matter and choice, we do not require our team members to vaccinate or ask them if they have done so. We trust each team member to comply with the guidelines that correspond to their personal decision regarding vaccination.
When you choose Symbiont, you are choosing a company that cares!