It’s Not Too Late For Air Conditioning Planned Maintenance, And The Benefits Are Many
With summer almost here, you might be starting to worry about how long you’ve neglected your air conditioner. Luckily, it’s never too late for for planned maintenance. By keeping your air conditioning system on a routine maintenance schedule, you’ll not only see an increase in energy efficiency, you’ll extend the life of your system.
A planned maintenance check should consist of a thorough system inspection and your technician should make adjustments as needed. If you’re not familiar with the process, you should be. Here are just a few of the things your technician should attend to during your planned maintenance check:
- Thermostat settings should be checked for accuracy to ensure efficiency and comfort.
- All electrical connections should be inspected for operational safety and tightened as needed.
- System controls should be tested to ensure that your system is running safely and efficiently.
- Moving parts within your motor should be lubricated to increase efficiency and reduce friction
- Your condensate drain should be inspected and cleared of any blockages.
- Evaporator and condenser coils should be cleared of debris that saps energy and takes years off the life of your system.
- Blower components should be cleaned and adjusted as needed. Proper airflow can increase system efficiency by as much as 15 percent.
If you’re not already inspecting your air filters on a monthly basis, our technicians can explain the process. If you clean air filters when possible and replace them as needed you can increase energy efficiency and prevent unnecessary damage to your system. Make air filters a part of your own personal planned maintenance routine
At Symbiont Service Corp., we don’t want you to be embarrassed about waiting until the last minute to schedule air conditioning maintenance; we just want you to call us before it’s too late. After all, our technicians are well aware of how hot a Florida summer can be and that’s why we strive to keep our customers cool and comfortable throughout the cooling season. If you’d like more information about the benefits of planned maintenance, don’t hesitate to contact us today.
Our goal is to help educate our customers about energy and home comfort issues (specific to HVAC systems). For more information, click here to download our free Home Comfort Resource guide.
Symbiont Service Corp. serves Englewood, Florida and the surrounding areas. To get started, check out our website.