Save Money On Home Energy Costs
Saving money is something that every homeowner and swimming pool owner we talk to mentions as a number one priority. When our experienced geo-thermal service contractors pay a home visit, we want to do what we can to help you achieve home comfort in an energy efficient manner. Save money on home energy costs while keeping everyone who lives in the home happy and comfortable is doable — if you take a few simple steps.
You don’t have to give up comfort to save money, nor do you (or should you) have to spend inordinate amounts of money in order to be comfortable, whether it’s summer, fall, winter or spring. We know that you don’t have to sacrifice savings for comfort nor do you have to worry that every dollar you save will bring someone in the home physical discomfort.
There are myriad otpions we have for residential property owners in Florida that provide effective energy-savings all while keepng you comfortable. A bonus to saving money while being comfortable is that some of these techniques will also help you and your family live a more environmentally friendly lifestyle.
Save Money On Home Energy Costs
- Phantom energy. Unplug appliances you use infrequently. An appliance, even if it’s turned off, still draws energy and adds to your utility bills. Is there a second refrigerator or a coffee pot, microwave or television in a guest room that isn’t used frequently? If the answer is yes, unplug it and stop the energy phantom!
- Compromises may need to be made. Let’s face it. It’s difficult, if not impossible, to make everyone in your house comfortable and happy. Talk with family members and try lowering the temperature a degree or two in the winter then agree to wear socks and sweaters to be warm, if necessary. In the summer, raising the thermostat on the air conditioner to 72 instead of 70 might not be too noticeable. Try it and gauge the comfort level of the house. That two degree increase may not negatively impact your comfort at home, but could lead to considerable savings on your utility bill.
- Invest in fans. On a hot, humid day a fan won’t cool a room BUT a fan can cool an occupant in a room AND can also help circulate the air in the house and that could lead to your being and feeling cooler. A fan can also circulate cooled air around a room and make you cooler. It doesn’t make sense to turn a fan on and leave it running while you’re gone; turn it on when you’re in the room, turn it off when you leave the room. You may also want to unplug the fan to save on phantom energy use.
- Turn off lights. When you leave a room, turn off the lights. Switching off the lights in an empty room is one of the simplest and easiest ways to save energy without any sacrifice.
- Energy-Star equipment. When you have to replace home equipment, look for Energy Star labeled equipment. Any additional cost for these appliances over others that are not Energy Star labeled will be quickly realized in energy efficiency.
Many Englewood, Florida companies provide energy-efficient appliances and home heating and cooling options, but before you make any decisions, find one that provides the highest level of service along with quality appliances. Symbiont Services professionals take pride in our commitments to both our customers and the environment. We are NATE-certified HVAC professionals who would be happy to help you enhance your home’s comfort while making it more energy-efficient–contact ustoday.
Our goal is to help educate our customers about energy and home comfort issues (specific to HVAC systems). For more information, click here to download our free Home Comfort Resource guide.